Staff Discount Policy
- Sign your card upon receipt
- Read and adhere to the full terms & conditions of the policy
- Are aware of your Staff Discount allowance and manage your spend within the threshold
- Retain the receipts for all purchases you make (Staff Discount and non-Staff Discount) for 12 months and make them available upon request
|Option 1 |
You keep your Staff Discount Card
|Option 2 |
You nominate someone else (a ‘nominee’) to receive your Staff Discount Card
You keep your Staff Discount Card and can receive:
Purchases must be for either your personal use or the personal use of the other person.
You do not have to name the person for whom you obtain discount for. However, purchases can only be made for one other person in any one calendar year.
Your nominee receives a Staff Discount Card in their name and can receive:
All purchases made by the nominee must be for either their personal use or your personal use.
By taking this option you will not be eligible to receive discount on any purchases you personally make, ie the named discount cardholder has to make them on your behalf.
You remain responsible for ensuring that the Discount Card is used as per the Policy.
- In Store - Staff Discount is NOT available on permanently reduced items, selected Concessions, Gift Cards/Vouchers.
- Online – Staff Discount is NOT available on permanently reduced items, Label Lounge, Concessions, Brands and Gift Cards.
- Staff Discount cannot be used in conjunction with Privilege Vouchers /New Look Rewards / Student Discount / Press / Magazine / New Look Card offers or New Look promotional vouchers.
- Staff Discount is only permitted on two purchases of leather or suede garments per employee each quarter (excluding items such as leather and suede footwear, bags, belts and trims on garments).
- Up to £800 in the first 6 months and up to a total of £1,600 for the full year.
- If you spend only £700 in the first 6 months, in the remaining 6 months of the year you will have £900 worth of discount left to spend.
Republic of Ireland:
Returning Items Purchased with Staff Discount
|Items Purchased In Store||Items Purchased Online|
In line with our customer returns policy, unsuitable items may be returned within 28 days of purchase to any store in the country in which you bought it.
With a receipt:a refund, exchange, Gift Card/Vouchers will be offered (to the value paid, ie 40% of full price).
Without a receipt: an exchange or Staff Discount Credit Note/Credit Voucher will be offered (to the value paid, ie 40% of full price).
Your Staff Discount allowance will be updated accordingly.
Unsuitable/faulty items purchased online may be returned, within 28 days of purchase, to any New Look store in the UK / ROI or by Post/Collect+.
Post or Collect+
Your Staff Discount allowance will be updated accordingly.
|When returning items to a store - you must present your Staff Discount Card at the till before the refund transaction begins. Under no circumstances are items purchased on Staff Discount to be returned without the Staff Discount Card being present.|
Note – Blocked Cards:
If you have reached / exceeded your Staff Discount allowance you are unable to make further purchases as your card will be blocked. You can, however, return items for an exchange / refund within 28 days; you must declare that the return was purchased with Staff Discount and present your Staff Discount Card.
As your card is blocked it will not be possible to action the exchange / refund through the normal Staff Discount function on the till.
To ensure that your Staff Discount record is correctly updated the following process will be followed:
- Your exchange / return will be processed as a customer exchange / return and the ‘Staff Discount Card Block’ reason code will be selected.
- If you have your receipt this will be scanned / all relevant details entered.
- If you do not have your original receipt, it will be necessary for the till operator to contact the Data Mining Team at the Weymouth Support Centre on 01305 758452 to obtain details of your original receipt number which will be entered into the till. This can only be done during office hours – Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm. The store will be unable to process your exchange / return on a Saturday / Sunday.
- Your Staff Discount record will be adjusted and unblocked where appropriate.
The Profit Protection Team will advise you by letter when you are at 80% of your allowance spend limit in any 6/12 month period. E.g. if within the first six months you reach £640 (ie 80% of £800) you will be notified by letter.
We monitor the use of Staff Discount both in store and online to detect any unusual purchase e.g. shoes or garments in a range of different sizes, large numbers of similar items. Purchases of leather/suede garments are also monitored on a quarterly basis. We also monitor eBay and other such sites to detect potential re-sale of items purchased with staff discount by employees/nominees.
Any use identified as potential abuse will be investigated. We expect you (and your nominees) to respect and abide by the Staff Discount rules. A breach of the terms and conditions (by you or your nominee) may lead to the Staff Discount Card being withdrawn as well as the instigation of an investigation and disciplinary proceedings against you as the employee. Any breach of the rules may constitute gross misconduct which can lead to dismissal.
Lost, Stolen or Damaged Cards
If your Staff Discount Card is lost, stolen or damaged you must report it by phoning the helpline on 0344 856 5982.
Leaving New Look
You will forfeit your Staff Discount benefit on your last working day when you should return the card to your Line Manager, who will be responsible for destroying the card.
To qualify for a lifetime discount card you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Leavers employed on or before 1 December 1992: If you have been continuously employed for 20 years or more and joined the company on or before the 1 December 1992 you will be eligible for a Lifetime Staff Discount Card if you leave New Look.
- Leavers employed after 1 December 1992: If you have been continuously employed for 25 years or more and joined the company after the 1 December 1992 you will be eligible for a Lifetime Staff Discount Card if you leave New Look.
All lifetime discount cards are for your own personal use only, ie you cannot purchase for one other person or nominate another to receive your Staff Discount benefit. You will forfeit your entitlement to a Lifetime Staff Discount Card should you be dismissed for reasons of gross misconduct.
It’s important that you keep your personal details up-to-date on The Vault including your address.
Staff Discount Cards: If your card is lost, damaged or stolen please contact the Ikano Staff Discount Card Team on 0344 856 5982.
Online Staff Discount:
|Queries regarding online orders and returns||Customer Services – Tel: 0844 335 1350 * Opening hours: 8am to 8pm – Monday to Saturday 10am to 6pm – Sunday|
|Queries regarding the Staff Discount Policy||Your Line Manager Support Centres – firstname.lastname@example.org |
Stores – Support – Rewards
|Queries regarding registration process and feedback on your shopping experience||Staff.email@example.com|
* Customer Service Team – Tel Customer Services – Tel: 0844 335 1350
We have set up a dedicated telephone number to answer queries you have regarding the following online Staff Discount queries:
- Purchases – non receipt / partial receipt of order
- Returns – non receipt of refund
This team will not be able to:
- Cancel an order on your behalf
- Place an online order for you
- Amend Employee Number or Staff Discount Card details
- Change your nominated cardholder (You are able to change your nominated cardholder or revert to having a Staff Discount Card in your name by completing the Staff Discount - Change Nomination Form.)
Please do not call the:
- Customer Service telephone number detailed on the website as they will be unable to help with the above Online Staff Discount related queries.
- Click & Collect Helpdesk for queries other than scanning containers and parcels
Changes to the Scheme
Staff Discount is a benefit and not a contractual right. It will be reviewed periodically and can be changed or withdrawn at any time. The discount available may vary from time to time and any changes will be communicated.