2. Trendy Pancake Cereal
First came banana bread, then sourdough and next our social feeds were flooded with pancake cereal. This recipe may seem complicated, but really, it's quite simple. All you need is pancake batter and something to squeeze it into tiny circles. If you've yet to try this trendy dish, Pancake Day is the perfect time to change that.
100g plain flour
1 tablespoon sunflower oil (plus a little extra for frying)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons melted butter (allowed to cool slightly)
How to Make It:
1. Put 100g plain flour, 2 large eggs, 300ml milk, 1 tablespoon sunflower or vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons slightly cooled melted butter and a pinch of salt into a bowl or large jug and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
2. Set aside for 30 mins to rest if you have time or start cooking straight away.
3. Pour pancake batter into a squeezable condiment/sauce bottle. (Alternatively, use a zip lock bag: cut a tiny hole on an angle in the bottom corner of the bag to pipe out the batter.)
4. Heat a non-stick pan or griddle over a medium-high heat. Lightly grease with a little butter or cooking oil.
5.Squeeze small dots of batter into a hot greased pan. Cook until the tops form bubbles and look set/dry. Flip with a spatula and cook for about a further 1-2 minutes, until golden on the undersides, Repeat with remaining batter, lightly greasing your pan between each batch.
6. Serve with maple syrup, honey, fruit, ice cream, frozen yoghurt, or enjoy plain!