United Kingdom - £ - English
If you’ve got any questions, comments and requests about your account security, then please use the Contact Us form.
For your security, any new password you create with us has to be at least 7 characters and contain a mix of letters and numbers. However, we recommend that you set a password of at least 10 characters including capital letters, lowercase letters, numbers and symbols.
To access your stored data on our sites, you’ll need to sign in with your username and password. It’s your responsibility to keep these details secret and to ensure you don’t let anyone else use your account. If you have any concerns about your sign in details or think they’ve been misused, please contact us straight away and we can put your account on hold immediately.
From time to time, we may make services provided by third parties available through our sites. To use these services, you must register with these third parties and deal with them direct. We have no control over the content of those third party sites or the performance of these services. Please note, that you use these services at your own risk and that we can't accept any responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. Please check third parties privacy policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We use the Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode schemes to help stop unauthorised purchases with your debit or credit card.
When you reach our secure checkout you can choose to register for Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode. Just sign up using the on-screen prompts, create a password then continue shopping. You only have to sign up once – then you can use your password when you shop with us or with other participating online stores.
For security, this password will be linked to your debit or credit card, and not your New Look account or your computer.
Alternatively, you can contact your bank directly for more information. Please note, if you decide not to register, we may need to ask you for an alternative payment method to complete your purchase.
This section describes how and when we may collect your personal information.
We use your information for the following:
- So we can personalise your shopping experience on our sites
- To allow is to handle your orders, deliver products and process your payments and refunds
- To let you know about your orders
- To update our records and generally maintain your account with us
- To keep a record of when and why you contact us and to keep your contact details up-to-date
- For statistical, analytical or survey purposes – so we can improve our websites and their services to you
- To prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our sites. Also to enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf
- If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you
- To process your application when you enter a competition promotion or prize draw. (If there are other purposes specific to that competition promotion or prize draw, these will be explained in the applicable Competition Terms & Conditions)
If you sign up to our newsletter, or ask us to send it to you, we may keep you informed by post, email, text or other electronic means about our products and special offers that we think you’ll like.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, or to change your mind at any time.
You can opt out by:
- Choosing not to sign up for our newsletter and other marketing offers when you create your account.
- Changing your Mailing Me preferences at any time. You can do this in the Personal Details section in My Account, or you can tell us by using our Contact Us form (don’t forget to give full name, address and postcode).
- Unsubscribing from our newsletters by following the link on the newsletter (every newsletter we send you will include a link to allow you to opt out)
We’ll try our best to process request promptly but it may take a few days for your opt-out or unsubscribe request to be changed.
Our sites use up-to-date industry procedures to protect your personal information. We also protect the security of your data during transmission using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software. We may vary this in the future if we feel you will benefit from greater security whilst using our sites.
We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you via our sites.
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who operate elements of our service and process data on our behalf. These may include businesses who provide technology services such as hosting for our servers and email distribution, and business partners who provide delivery fulfilment services. Where such disclosures are made, this will be under contractual arrangements with us and carried out in accordance with the requirements of UK and German data protection laws.
Your personal information may be processed by us or our service providers outside the European Economic Area in countries that don’t have the same standards of protection for personal information as the UK. If your personal information is processed outside the European Economic Area we will ensure that your personal information will be adequately protected as required by data protection law.
We may also disclose your personal information to our subsidiaries and affiliated companies for data processing, service and administration purposes. In addition, we may disclose your personal information to any successors in title to our business or to a buyer in the event that we or any of our assets are acquired by a third party (as your information may be one of the transferring assets).
Your personal information and payment card details will be processed by CyberSource Limited and CyberSource Corporation (together "CyberSource") for the purposes of dealing with payment transactions and to protect against fraud. Your personal information will be processed on our behalf by CyberSource and your credit/debit card details are shared with CyberSource and stored by CyberSource outside of the European Economic Area. We will ensure that your personal information will be adequately protected as required by data protection law.
We may carry out fraud and security checks with CyberSource and other organisations involved in fraud prevention. If we or they suspect or identify fraud we and/or they may record this and may also pass this information to other organisations for the purpose of fraud prevention. We, CyberSource and these other organisations may use this information for fraud prevention purposes in the future.
We will also disclose any of your personal information to any third party where we are under a duty to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or protect any of our rights, property or safety (or those of our customers).
Our sites may also contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we don’t accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these websites’ privacy policies before you submit any personal information to them.
For the purposes of data protection legislation we are the data controller for your personal data. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK with reference number Z5298484.
Cookies are small files that are downloaded onto your computer, mobile, or other device when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise your device. They help your browser to navigate through the website by allowing you to sign in automatically and by remembering settings you selected during earlier visits (among other functions). Cookies don’t harm your computer or device.
You can learn more about cookies by visiting allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies help us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our websites. They allow you to make full use of our online shopping and personalised features.
- For essential technical reasons – such as keeping track of your current shopping session and enabling you to pay for your products in checkout
- To distinguish you from other website users. This helps us to:
- remember you when you return and to personalise our website to you, such as saving your bag or remembering what you last viewed or searched for.
- target advertising towards you based on what you like and what you view and search for
- To collect statistical and analytical information about how visitors use our websites – so we can improve the way our sites work and to measure the success of our competitions and campaigns
- To enable us to fulfil our contractual obligations to third parties – for example to pay a partner if you’ve made a purchase on one of our websites by following a link from their website.
We use both ‘persistent’ and ‘session’ cookies:
- Persistent cookies are stored by your browser and on your device until their set expiry date (unless you delete them first)
- Session cookies expire as soon as you close your web browser
We use some, or all, the following types of cookies on our sites:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are essential cookies. They’re used to carry out requests you make when you use our sites – for example, remembering information provided by you, such as the items you’ve put in your shopping bag. If you choose to opt out of getting these cookies, then won’t be able to use our sites properly. You’ll still be able to browse, but you won’t be able to put anything in your shopping bag or buy it.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to collect data about the way you’ve used our websites, so we can record information about what you’ve viewed. We use these cookies to measure if our customers are getting the most from our sites. We then use this information to improve our sites and help us understand how our customers move around them. These cookies may also be provided by a third party analytic tool, but will only be used for purposes related to our websites.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow websites to remember choices you’ve previously made that are specific to you – for example your country selection, language preferences or when you choose to remain signed-in.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies remember information regarding how you’ve used our websites and other websites, so that we can show you promotional and other targeted information based upon the things you like and what you’ve searched for and viewed.
- Web Beacons: We place small images or ‘beacons’ on many of the pages on our website and in online advertising with third parties. We use these beacons, in connection with cookies, to collect non-personal data on the usage of our website. This includes (amongst other things) the date and time of your visit, the pages you looked at, the page you came from, the type of browser, the type of operating system and the domain name of your internet service provider (ISP). This information is collected about thousands of site visits and analysed as a whole and is useful in many ways, including tracking the performance of our online advertising (such as online banner ads) and to determine where to place future advertising on other websites.
We’re constantly developing our site, so the cookies we use may change from time to time. If you’d like a list of the cookies we’re currently using, please use our Contact Us form.
We may display video content on this website using Adobe Flash Player. Adobe uses Flash cookies to improve your experience. If you want to disable or delete a Flash cookie, please visit Adobe Flash Player global security settings.
Please bear in mind that if you disable Flash cookies you won’t be able to access certain content on our website which uses Adobe Flash Player, such as videos.
Some cookies may be set by third parties when you visit our websites. These third parties may be suppliers who partner with us to deliver our websites, companies that participate with us in joint marketing programmes, as well as other third parties.
These cookies are controlled by the third parties, so please check the third-party website for more information and to find out how to manage their cookies. These third party cookies don’t collect personal information that could identify individual customers.
If you share New Look content on social networks, you may be sent cookies from these sites. We don’t control the sending of these cookies, so we advise you to check these third-party (social sharing) websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
- Disable cookies on your computer or device
- Delete New Look cookies after you’ve visited one of our sites
- Use your browser’s anonymous setting (called ‘Incognito’ in Chrome, ‘InPrivate’ for Internet Explorer, ‘Private Browsing’ in Firefox and Safari)
To disable (or enable) cookies…
You can enable or disable cookies in your website browser settings. How you do this will depend on which browser you’re using.
If you disable third party cookies only, some elements of our sites may not function properly (eg. targeted advertising) but you’ll still be able to add products to your shopping bag and buy them.
To learn how to manage cookies using the latest browser versions, you can follow these links:
For further help, visit allaboutcookies.org